Ports & Marine
WGA has extensive experience in the delivery of ports and marine projects across Australia. Our team of coastal and maritime specialists have skills and experience in undertaking feasibility and impact assessments associated with marine infrastructure, foreshore developments and climate change adaption planning. The coastal team have extensive capability with metocean data collection design and facilitation and the capacity to use state of the art numerical models to predict hydrodynamic, wave, sediment transport and scour in coastal environments.
We offer project management of multi-disciplinary teams, design, analysis, documentation and inspection – from early concept through feasibility, to construction and commissioning. We have a sound understanding of the design challenges unique within a marine environment, including specific issues of materials durability, wave loads, ship berthing forces and tidal movements.
Our team has extensive experience in the following areas of the Ports & Marine sector:
- Master-planning and feasibility studies
- Trans-shipment studies
- Port planning and channel design
- Coastal processes and coastal protection
- Dredging assessments
- Berthing analyses and mooring studies
- Seawalls and breakwaters
- Marine infrastructure
- Aids to navigation
- Jetties and wharves
- Load-out facilities
- Marine piling / sheet-piling
- Barge and pontoon design
- Ship-lifts, slipways and boat cradles
- Port cranes and container handling equipment
- Marinas and boat ramps
- Temporary works and access
- Marine demolition and salvage
- Load capacity assessments
- Condition assessments and corrosion studies.