WGA’s geotechnical team has over 90 years of combined experience undertaking geotechnical investigations and design. Our geotechnical services have been used on projects such as multi-storey buildings, industrial facilities, maritime developments, water storage, and distribution facilities and pavements.
Our team has extensive experience in the following areas of the Geotechnical service:
- Geotechnical investigations, ground characterisations and geotechnical analyses
- Foundation design for commercial, industrial and maritime structures
- Design and construction of piled foundations
- Footing systems on expansive or collapsing soils
- Retaining walls
- Wind farm developments including turbine footings, access roads and hardstands
- Stability and settlement of structures on soft ground
- Deep excavations and retention systems
- Pavement design
- Earthworks for civil engineering projects
- Temporary works including excavations and slope stability
- Ground improvement techniques.