Andrew Woods has significant experience participating in and leading the design and construction supervision of a wide range of commercial, civil, environmental, domestic, hospital, health care and industrial projects.
As an integral member of the WGA team Andrew enjoys being involved throughout the lifecycle of a project. It is this aspect that he finds most rewarding, being able to provide expert advice across a broad range of engineering fields including structural design and analysis, civil works, site preparation and contaminated soil management from concept design through to handover to the client.
Andrew holds the National Wine Centre as a career highlight. Alongside the Wine Centre, the success of both the Lyell McEwin Hospital and Queen Elizabeth Hospital projects together with the offshore oil supply base in Abu Dhabi UAE stand as flagship projects. His industry knowledge and ability to work in close collaboration with stakeholders, combined with an accurate sense of determining project requirements delivers the best possible outcome for clients.
Andrew has a thorough understanding of current Environmentally Sustainable Design (ESD) principles and is conversant with Green Star rating criteria for a range of building facilities. He believes the advancement in technology and the ability to analyse complicated structures has both broadened engineering capabilities and enhanced the speed in which projects can be delivered.
Andrew is an active Australian Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) Task Force Engineer.
Andrew’s project experience includes:
- $200m Lyell McEwin Hospital Redevelopment Stage C, Elizabeth SA
- $55m Flinders University Student Hub, Bedford Park SA
- $120m Queen Elizabeth Hospital Redevelopment Stage 2, Woodville SA
- $50m Adelaide Film & Screen Centre, Glenside SA
- $75m Newport Quays Apartments Stages 1 & 2, Port Adelaide SA
- $35m Big W 40,000m2 Distribution Centre, Monarto SA
- $20m National Wine Centre, Adelaide SA
- $40m Horizon Apartments, Adelaide SA
- $45m SA Police Academy, Largs SA
- $32m Uni SA Basil Hetzel Building and Auditorium, Adelaide SA
- $60m Ergo Apartments Stages 1,2 & 3, Sturt St Adelaide SA
- $80m Minda Site Redevelopment Stages 2 & 3, Brighton SA
- $35m Ceduna Hospital Redevelopment, Ceduna SA