Damien has over 25 years’ experience in civil engineering and has been involved in a number of South Australia’s largest infrastructure projects. The civil engineering field is renowned for being multi-disciplinary and as such has given Damien the platform to develop a broad range of technical experience.
His expertise includes rail, traffic and transport planning, road design, urban development, storm water management, storm water recycling and reuse and local government engineering.
Damien has been instrumental in establishing WGA as a major player in industry in South Australia. His roles include Civil Design and Engineering Leads for the Torrens to Torrens South Road Upgrade, Southern Expressway Duplication Planning Study, Torrens Rail Junction Independent Design Certification, Project Director for the Sturt Highway Duplication and numerous Urban Development milestone projects across the state such as Blake’s Crossing, Springwood, Newenham, St Clair, Orleana Waters, Mawson Lakes and Bluestone.
Large-scale projects such as the Torrens-to-Torrens Upgrade require long-term vision and commitment. As the Civil Design Lead and Rail Design Lead, Damien was onsite for over 12 months, providing critical engineering expertise and managing complex stakeholder and contractor requirements to fulfill key project outcomes. Respected by clients and peers for his broad range of technical experience, Damien’s hands-on approach reflects his dedication to the success of each project and is what brings stability, coordination and strength to these large infrastructure projects.
Damien’s project experience includes:
Roads, Traffic and Transport
- South Road Upgrade, River Torrens to Torrens Road, Civil Design Lead
- Torrens Rail Junction Independent Design Cerification Lead
- Croydon Railway Station Upgrade
- South Road Upgrade, Darlington Planning Study, Engineering Lead
- Goodwood Junction Rail Grade Separation, Package Design Lead
- Southern Expressway Duplication Planning Study, Engineering Lead
- Sturt Highway Duplication, Project Director
- Orleana Waters Development, Devine Communities – 800 Dwellings
- Riverlea Development, Buckland Park, Walker Corporation – 10,000 Dwellings
- Bluestone Development, PEET – 800 Dwellings
- Blake’s Crossing, Lend Lease – 1600 Dwellings
- Springwood Development, Lend Lease – 2500 Dwellings
- Newenham Estate, Burke Urban – 800 Dwellings
- Newport Quays – Precinct 2A
- Stormwater Management
- Lower Dry Creek Stormwater Harvesting project, City of Salisbury
- Greenfields Wetlands Augmentation Study, City of Salisbury
- Cheltenham Racecourse Wetland, Concept Design, City of Charles Sturt