Loreto has over 25 years' experience as a structural engineer with significant commercial project expertise, from design documentation through to construction. As a Director at WGA since 2008, he has built a reputation for his ability to move across sectors to deliver outstanding buildings and developments.
Growing up amongst a family business specialising in concrete, played a role in inspiring Loreto’s interest in all forms of precast and concrete construction. He has been responsible for the supervision of a wide range of projects from heavy industrial to commercial buildings and developments. His broad portfolio showcases his experience in multi-storey buildings, defence, retail and education. International roles in Singapore and Malaysia have enhanced Loreto’s attention to detail and adaptability through working with and adhering to American and British building codes.
Loreto’s passion for engineering and drive to contribute to his profession led him to chairing and organising the 2007 Concrete Institute of Australia Concrete Conference held in Adelaide. As part of the group, Loreto championed concrete from a design and technical perspective.
He is also a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers Australia, a Member of the Concrete Institute of Australia and is currently on the board at Loreto College, Marryatville.
Loreto’s project experience includes:
- $45m UNO Apartments, 102 Waymouth Street, Adelaide SA
- $60m Advertiser & Sunday Mail Building, Waymouth Street, Adelaide SA
- $132m Elizabeth City Centre Redevelopment, Elizabeth SA
- $120m Conrad International 32 Storey hotel, Singapore
- $31m Roma Mitchell Arts Education Centre, Adelaide SA
- $41m RAAF Edinburgh Stage 1, Edinburgh SA
- $100m+ Pt Augusta & Mt Gambier Prison Extensions
- $70m Youth Training Centre, Cavan